Sunday, July 3, 2011

Can you just be normal?


“Come on darling, you know that you don’t want to do this. Just be normal like you used to be, it’s nothing wrong with that. Why you should have to hide your beauty? Darling, listen to me, your family won’t accept the thing you wear on your head. It won’t go easy. Please just pull it out and we will get off to nanny’s birthday party in 5 minutes. Make it fast dear, I’ll be waiting in the car.”
She’s confused at the moment, she’s weeping at the corner of her bed. She knew it, she already reckoned this will definitely happened. Her family will disapproved her ‘Hijrah’. They will never understand and accept. They don’t know how hard she’s fighting the battle in herself, just whether to wear or not this piece of materials on her head, the HIjab. It’s hurts when her own blood is against her in religion matters and it’s even hurts when they called themselves as a Muslim but they are far from practicing Islam at the same time.
This is not her first attempts to wear Hijab, the first time was at the beginning of the new semester in school, she picked  the most beautiful hijab to put on her head and her mother go crazy when she saw her wearing it. Her heart was really broken and she bursts her anger on her mom right away. But she made up her mind for this time, she not gonna let that to be happened again. She wipe off her tears, tighten her green hijab and storms to the car where her mother is waiting with her head straight.
“Look, you never listen to me since you go to the masjid often time, since you hang up with those masjid people! Oh where my lovely Daisy is, I don’t know you!”
“Mama, please give me a break! Don’t start that again! Listen, I am Daisy your very own blood, little tiny Daisy that you hold on your arm 16 years ago, Daisy that raised up cheerful and beautiful with your loves, Daisy that never disappointing you in whatever her does,  Daisy that funny and inspiring, Daisy that will never stop loves you. I am the same Daisy no different, accept for this piece of materials on my head and I tell you mama, this gonna be me now and forever. This hijab is half of myself from now on, so please mama, please give me a chance to show you that this hijab won’t changes anything accept for good, would you?”
“I am speechless Daisy, you are my only daughter, I just don’t want you to be in trouble, to deal with people’s stare and those extreme things they spilled onto you! I want the best for you.”
“Mama, all I need is your support and everything is gonna be all right. Believe me, I will be ok with those reactions, I just need you to be on my side, please. I know you love me more than anything and I love you too mama, I really do. Now, pull off already, I can’t wait to see nanny on her fancy wheelchair, blow out her 70th birthday’s candles and mama I can imagine she’s digging on her pile of gifts, searching for my gift and cried “Oh, look at what Daisy brought me, a sand!” and I will be like, “Nanny, that is not a normal sand, that is the sand of our hometown, I brought for you as I know how much you love and yearn to it, so it will reminds you on your younger, your first love and give you more energy, it’s so nostalgic, no matter where we are, there’s nothing like home!”. Then my face was covered with her kisses! Oh she’s so lovely mama!”
“You are really still my Daisy, forever and ever. Ok, get ready princess, this old lady gonna bring you to the real party!”
And she smiles and laughs as usual, she knows that everything is going to be fine as long as she being herself. Never change the way she communicates and treats people around her, yes be normal. Just be herself and even the new brand Daisy with religion installment inside and out. She knows that da’wah to her own family won’t be easy, but she won’t surrender because she loves them as much as she loves herself. She’ll give her best efforts on this, she wants them to see how beautiful life could be when we live it with obeying Allah. She wants at least that feeling flashes in their heart and make them think and at very same time, she aware that only Allah could opens their hearts to go back to the right path. Deep in her little heart, she’s whispering a du’a:
“Oh Allah guides us all, protects us and our family from the burning hell-fire. Oh Allah, give me a strength to face all your test, You are the the Most Gracious and Merciful.”

4 comments:

We are not just selling a product, we are promoting a healthier lifestyle :)

Our Long Journey

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

ShareThis

Need He