Saturday, October 9, 2010

Don't sweat the small stuff



Assalamualaykum all, its been  a while I haven't update my blog, I've been busy with campus stuff and all students routine or should I said, this is just an excuse? Honestly, I was tensed with all the tasks, sometimes I felt  i can't stand anymore, i can't complete my tasks, it so difficult! What a silly though I ever had. ROFL. This is all dunya stuffs, small stuff babe! 

Yesterday, I went to book store with my best ever friend just to forget for a while about our study, get off from the giant fridge and seeking for a best book. After half an hour, in Xcess book store and  have a scanned read at some books, my eyes still glared at one small book, wrapped with yellow paper.  "Easier Than You Think", the title really attracted me as I'm really in a hard situation (Thats just what I though!!!). 

Don't sweat  the small stuff!  I keep repeated this  as I'm reading this book written by  Richard  Carlson. Just do it, give your best shoot! Tawaqal and make du'a. Thats what I should do, give my best on whats in my hand now. Don't keep worrying about anything that not yet happen, keep away the negative though and keep the good spirit up. We are the one that make a choice. I would like to share a story taken from this book, about the choices that we made and how it influence our daily life:

I woke up early today, excited about all I get to do before the clock strikes the midnight. I have responsibilities to fulfill today. my job is to choose what kind of day i'm going to have. I can complain because the weather is rainy or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.
today, I can feel sad that I dont have more money, or be glad taht my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely  and o guide me away from waste. Today I ca grumble about my health, or I can rejoice that I am alive. Today I can lament over all my parents didn't giveme when I was a child, or I can be grateful that they allowed me to born.
Today I can cry because roses have thorns, or I can celebrate that thorns have roses. Today, I can whinde because I have a job, or I can shout for joy because I have a job  to do! Today I can complain because I have to go to school, or I can eagerly open my mind and fill it with new tidbits of knowledge. 
Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework, or I can feel honored because the Lord has  provided shelter for my mind and soul. Today stretches ahead of me waiting to be shaped and here I'am the sculptor who gets to do the shaping. Whats today will be like is up to me. I get to choose what kind of day I will have. 
So have a great day-umless u have other plans.

So, why choose the path of complaint over the path of gratitude? Being grateful or being overextended~ Dont sweat the small stuff, please!! 

 

"And this life of the world is only amusement and play! Verily, the home of the Hereafter, that is the life indeed (i.e. the eternal life that will never end), if they knew"

(Al-Ankabut:64)


1 comment:

  1. nice book...mmg btul..klu kita terlalu fkir sgt..semua benda xjd..walau apa pun yg terjadi kita kena jugak lalui situation itu,walau pun situation tu membuat kita stress dan agak susah diri untuk lalui nya..kita kena jugak laluinya kan..tp bergantung pd hati kita...sama ada mampu atau pun tidak..

    ReplyDelete

We are not just selling a product, we are promoting a healthier lifestyle :)

Our Long Journey

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

ShareThis

Need He